[wp-hackers] Rewrite API CPT Parent Slug Removal

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Apr 25 21:50:37 UTC 2013

Taxonomies have the ability to opt-in to a hierarchical URL with
$args['rewrite']['hierarchical'] = true. Post types do not. However, you
should be able to just use the filter post_type_link in
get_post_permalink() to change the generated URL. You might need to do an
additional filter in query.php, but I'm pretty sure things will just work.