[wp-hackers] Limit Login Attempts

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Mon Apr 22 15:55:31 UTC 2013

Sam,

I'm curious if you've done any load testing with this?

Seems like it could (initially) make attacks impose a worse performance penalty due to the number of remote calls (and you'd be hammering your central server), not to mention the possibility of adding thousands of transients to the WP database (which could hammer a shared database server pretty hard)?

What happens if the API server fails (or takes a long time to respond) -- would I be able to log into my site?

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/
@nciske