[wp-hackers] GSoC 2013 Query

Bhavi Jagwani jagwani.bhavi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:25:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate student pursuing my B.Tech. in Computer Engineering
at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, India. I would like to
contribute to Wordpress as a part of GSoC 2013.
I have worked on projects involving HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and MySQL
technologies.

I went through the ideas list of GSoC 2013 and creating a "New User Walk
Through" seemed interesting to me. I also, went through Mike Whitfield's
project and I think the walk through along with the progress bar can be
implemented with the user having an option to "skip" the step in which case
the default for that option is set. Besides, a "tour" like thing which
would guide a first time user through the process of making a blog and to
explain to the user what everything on the dashboard signifies. This, I
believe will make it a lot easier for a new user.
Please do tell me if I am following the desirable chain of thought. Also,
it'll be great if someone could point me to Mike Whitfield's project code
and other resources that'll help me start off.

Thanks,
Bhavi Jagwani