[wp-hackers] wp_update_posts fails

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:47:09 UTC 2012

Thank you Jeremy for sharing your experience.

What I find confusing is the following;
If I use the dashboard interface to update a post with the smart
characters ( the same ones that causes my migration routine chokes on
), that post goes thru. What's it that makes it work at the dashboard
when the post is done manually, and what is that fails it when the
same content is updated using the WP API?

One solution I will try today is to save the content as a text file
and then read the text file back - hoping this save and read operation
scrubs the characters that wp_update_post is choking on.

This char set matters always get to me.