[wp-hackers] pluggable functions

peter baylies pbaylies at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 20:57:43 UTC 2012

This doesn't necessarily apply as much to core or to themes, but I find
pluggable functions to be very useful in plugin development, where you
might have a situation where your plugin gets forked, or different versions
or variants of the same plugin might end up getting installed on a site --
at the least, using pluggable functions means that this doesn't end up
breaking everything as soon as there's a naming conflict.

Cheers,

 -- Peter Baylies
Semper Fi Web Design