[wp-hackers] Hide pages from panels

Diana K. C dianakac at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:39:58 UTC 2012

I will try this! Thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Menard" <paul at codehooligans.com>
To: <wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Hide pages from panels

FWIW, I wrote a little plugin about 2 years ago to override the Pages
output. Check out Pages-Children
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pages-children/

The plugin was originally written when I was working on a very large site
which had hundreds of pages and many may levels in the hierarchy. Got tired
of trying to find the right page to edit I wrote Pages-Children. The plugin
will basically output only a level of hierarchy at a time. So for example
the top-level pages are shown. Those pages with children have a new hover
link showing the children. When drilling down the hierarchy there is an
added breadcrumb that lets you go up the chain as needed.

One thing I like about this solution over tree views is you are not loading
all the levels you don't need. Even if the tree view nodes are loaded via
ajax. You still get a bunch of information indented on the screen you may
not need.

After I write the original release I expanded the logic to include any
hierarchical post type as well as hierarchical taxonomies.

Paul