[wp-hackers] Hide pages from panels

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Fri Oct 12 20:52:58 UTC 2012

On 12 October 2012 21:31, Mike Schinkel <mike at newclarity.net> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 4:23 PM, "Diana K. C" <dianakac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't think pages should be 10 or 20, huge WP sites keep thousand
> pages, posts, post types, everything.
>
> If a site has thousands of "Pages" (vs. custom post types) chances are 99%
> likely they are doing it wrong.

My! That's a grand sweeping statement. I wonder if there is any basis in
fact.

A few years ago I worked on a site with, at the time, 2100 pages in a
hierarchy 7 levels deep: that site was (and still is) doing it exactly
right. The site is an on-line manual whose architecture reflects the TOC of
the paper version. Last I heard, it was heading for more than 4000 pages.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/