[wp-hackers] ALTERNATE_WP_CRON... Is it worth it?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:07:52 UTC 2012

Hi Mike! Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help! :)

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Mike Schinkel <mike at newclarity.net> wrote:
> Better option IMO is to have server admin set up a real cron task and have it call /wp-cron.php.

Ahhh, yah, that's a good tip. I'd agree with your sentiment about the
URL being less than optimal with the query string (that is, if it
shows.)

I don't think we have any WP crons setup at the moment... Off the top
of my head, I'm not sure where I'd look to see if there's any setup.

So, just to clarify, your suggestion would be to turn off the
ALTERNATE_WP_CRON setting, ignore the warning messages (which would be
hidden if debug is turned off) and use a real cron task to call
wp-cron.php on a set interval (that is, if we have cron jobs to run)?

Thanks!

http://hulse.me