[wp-hackers] ALTERNATE_WP_CRON... Is it worth it?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:44:38 UTC 2012

Otto... You rock! Thank you for the clarification and pro help. Much
appreciated.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> So, user won't notice a thing. The redirect is smart, and only happens
> when there's actual jobs to be run. It doesn't redirect 1-in-20 or
> something like that, or on-the-hour.. it only redirects when there's a
> job that needs to get done. No jobs = no redirects.

Sounds good to me. I don't have any WP crons scheduled that I'm aware
of... We aren't using many plugins, so I don't think there's a problem
there.

The strange thing was, it seemed like we were getting that warning on
almost every other page refresh (I mostly remember seeing it on the
backend) before turning on the alternate setting.

Anyway, I feel much much better about using the alternate cron. Thanks
so much for you help!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Micky