[wp-hackers] Wordpress SSO

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Nov 29 01:39:55 UTC 2012

Yeah the Open ID probably won't provide you with that sign in once and
access both sites feature.

SimpleSAML works and works well once you get it set up, but it can be a
bear to do so.  It's a heavy system and there is a learning curve.  To
save you from one headache, I recommend one thing - if you do any kind
of load balancing, I strongly recommend you configure a shared memcache
server for your sessions.  WordPress doesn't usually deal with sessions,
but simple saml does.  With that information kept server side,  if you
have a single side load balanced between several machines, you can find
yourself suddenly logged out when the load on one machine bounces you to
a different machine mid session.

Brian Layman
http://eHermitsInc.com