[wp-hackers] permalinks

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:39:42 UTC 2012

How do I change the posts to have 'articles' base in front of the
%post-name% witohut effecting url on the rest of the site?

category base: category
sample url :   mysite.com/category/featured-videos

I wanted to prefix all my posts with /articles/ base in front of it.

So I went to the permalinks screen and set up a custom structure as follows

/articles/%post-name%

that fixed the posts url to be the way I want.

but then all of a sudden the url what used to be

mysite.com/category/featured-videos

become

mysite.com/articles/category/featured-videos

Is there a way to get the bosy of both worlds that is

keep the rest of the non-post url as is ( so that category urls work
the way you expect them work ) and have control over the posts url
base?