[wp-hackers] Changing username - WordPress

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Wed May 9 14:08:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Robert Lusby <nanogwp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Users can remember it, it saves having to create "another" unique
> identifer (email address should be unique anyway), and provides for a
> quicker "sign-up" process.

FYI, as an admittedly edge case, I have built a number of (related) sites
where a unique (or even any) email address is not guaranteed.

These are sites for schools to use in class. In some schools, a class will
have one email address for all students (especially the younger ones), or
they may have none, or they may block external email like hotmail. I can
tell you it's no fun getting WordPress to play nicely in those
circumstances!

Mike
--
Mike Little