[wp-hackers] Force a new ABSPATH when moving WordPress?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Mar 21 19:54:21 UTC 2012

Most likely, you're running some sort of PHP accelerator, which keeps
the "compiled" PHP files in memory instead of re-reading them every
time. Thus, a change to the PHP files requires you to restart the
server to get the old versions out of RAM.

Look into what PHP accelerator you're running, and see if it has any
way to flush the cached data.

-Otto