[wp-hackers] Hooking into WP theme/plugin update downloading

Jeremy Hough jeremy at digitalbrands.com
Tue Mar 20 21:23:21 UTC 2012

I have a working (and extended) setup of Jeremy Clark's Self-Hosted
Plugin Update API
(https://github.com/jeremyclark13/automatic-theme-plugin-update). I am
setting up my update server to force/require https connections to
encrypt transmissions. I am wanting to use oAuth for authentication (and
provide access to restricted content).

Is there any type of hook in wordpress I can use so that when an update
is instantiated, the download behavior can be redefined so that the
provided update zip url will be downloaded using an oAuth-signed request?

Thanks for any insight,

Jeremy Hough