[wp-hackers] Coding Standards: Functions vs. Classes

Brad Touesnard brad at touesnard.com
Sun Mar 18 19:24:00 UTC 2012

> Notice the additional boilerplate that this requires. The only advantage of

a static class variable would be trhat you can make it private.

I agree. It does seem unnecessarily verbose. I think it makes sense that
global variables and functions continue to be used for situations similar
to post types and transients for new development over static class
variables.

So would classes be used strictly to define object instances like queries
and users then?

-bt