[wp-hackers] Using Live Database with Development environment

Daniel Fenn danielx386 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:37:38 UTC 2012

That question is a little off topic but I can give some direction to
help you out (note that I have not done this myself) In the mysql
userguide (5.5 I'm talking about) There a whole chapter on setting up
replication.

The best idea is to just make a backup of the wordpress database, do
your testing on your test server then just make the changes on the
live server.

Regards,
Daniel Fenn