[wp-hackers] MU - Global post_type / taxonomy

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Jun 12 16:09:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Lox <lox.dev at knc.nc> wrote:

> I need the data to be global like the users.
> I think the only way would be to switch_to_blog(1) but the other blogs
> won't have the UI ...

You should probably focus on keeping the data in the usermeta system if you
don't want to build something from scratch. It might feel like a bit of a
hack but would make it a lot easier to use the data across all sites.

Maybe a mix of usermeta for each user, and global storage of any other
information you need in get_site_option() so that it's available. You could
also have some kind of UI for editing the data on just one of the sites
that saves to the global options (potentially based on a CPT).

Also you should definitely consider BuddyPress as it might solve your
problems though like Mika said, it will also add lots of problems for you ;)

--
Jeremy Clarke • jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org