[wp-hackers] Displaying the custom taxonomies side by side on the admin dashboard

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:28:58 UTC 2012

I got 5 top level cats and for each of these top level cats, I have
directly corresponding 5 non-hierarchal custom taxonomies.

By default, WordpPress UI display these CT's one after the other.
Right below the cats... By using a plug in, I can define the order...
As far as admin UI options, WP gives me the ability to change the UI
from 1 col to 2 col view which helps but not totally.

In 2 col view, I can easily see that I  got plenty of room to fit in
at least 3 or 4 CT's floating next to each other. When I turned the
2-col view however,   current UI allows me to drag only one tag box
into what's below the post content editor. So, with 2 col view, I
don't get to do what I wanted to. There simply is no point to drag a
tag box below the post editor cause it is unnecessarily too long.

Is it possible to make the tag boxes to float right next to one another?
So, The more room there is, the more the CT's show side by side.

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/54812/displaying-the-custom-taxonomies-side-by-side-on-the-admin-dashboard