[wp-hackers] opcode caching + page caching plugin

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Mon Jul 30 15:50:18 UTC 2012

On 7/29/2012 6:13 PM, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> APC opcode caching: No-brainer. Only one thing to worry about: Making
> sure there's enough shared memory allocated for your code.

Just to re-emphasize this, I've had APC increase load time on systems
that had a memory tight environment when the server was under load.  The
only thing I can figure is that there was a lot of swapping going on as
things fought to stay resident.

So always test your assumptions against your final results.  The numbers
don't lie.

Also I should go back and revisit that server. It has more memory now...
Thanks for the reminder!

Brian Layman
http://eHermitsInc.com