[wp-hackers] Why no automatic database upgrade?

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Thu Jul 26 15:37:19 UTC 2012

On 26/07/12 15:00, wp-hackers-request at lists.automattic.com wrote:
> It is actually done automatically for hte majority of users when they
> use the built in Core Upgrader, It's only those who are using SVN or
> manually updating who ever see the screen.
Thanks... I'm a bit puzzled here - something must be malfunctioning.
Before I started building WordShell I always used the built in Core
Upgrader; but I've got to see the 'database upgrade required' screen
quite often. This is across quite a variety of sites and servers. Is
there any other reason why it might not take place automatically?

David

--
WordShell - WordPress fast from the CLI - www.wordshell.net