[wp-hackers] Best Practice for storing WP Network wide data

Ryan Hellyer ryan at pixopoint.com
Wed Jul 25 13:56:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Jesse Friedman
<highfive at jesserfriedman.com> wrote:
> I am tapping into an external API and I need to store data from that 3rd
> party on my WordPress MultiSite Network and all sites on the network need
> to be able to access this data easily.
>
> If it were specific to one site I would save it as site options. It's kind
> of a lot of data to save in a single serialized array, anyways.
>
> Any help on what the best practice would be.
>
> thanks,
>
> Jesse

get_site_option() is what you need. It's the network equivalent of
get_option() and is darned handy! You can call it from anywhere on the
network and it behaves much the same as a single site option.
http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions/get_site_option