[wp-hackers] Caching as part of the core

Michael Van Winkle mike at mikevanwinkle.com
Tue Jul 24 19:06:38 UTC 2012

Thanks Otto, but actually the reason I want access late in the process is
because on any given page I like to be able cache different chunks or
*template parts* according to different rules ... this block of posts can
be cached for X minutes, etc. I can do that without a filter in
load_template but said filter would allow me to manage it a little cleaner.
Though maybe I don't fully understand the {$type}_template hook so I'll
take another look.

Cheers,
Mike