[wp-hackers] Caching as part of the core

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jul 24 16:21:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Almog Baku <almog.baku at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I've just not understand you..
> There is minification at 3.4.1? If there is.. where?..

Concatenation and compression of Javascript and CSS has been built
into the core for the wp-admin side of things for almost 4 years. This
isn't new to 3.4.1.

See http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8628.

This is only enabled on the admin side of things, for speed reasons.
It would be possible to use them on the front end too, with a bit of
extra work. It's certainly not in there by default because
compression/concatenation of CSS and scripts cannot be guaranteed not
to break in all (most?) cases.

> And about the caching interface in the current basic/common hooks.. what?

I don't understand the question you're asking here.

-Otto