[wp-hackers] Caching as part of the core

scribu mail at scribu.net
Fri Jul 20 12:41:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Mike Schinkel <mike at newclarity.net> wrote:

> So in summary, I would love to see WordPress implement standard caching
> *APIs* in core that would enable more people to fine tune their caching and
> so 3rd party caching plugins could be easier to install and be made more
> reliable.

WordPress already has a standard object caching API: wp_cache_set(),
wp_cache_get(), wp_cache_delete(). It is used extensively througout Core
and there already are several 3rd party caching plugins that implement that
API.

If you meant a standard _page_ caching API, you should have said so.

--
http://scribu.net