[wp-hackers] Your development Setup

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Wed Jul 18 16:30:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Ryan WP Mailing Lists <
ryan.wpmailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am looking to get starting with WordPress and PHP coding and
> I wanted to know what kind of setup do you all have, what kind a systems,
> specs, software you use.

Ubuntu Linux with core LAMP stuff, vim for editor (qazillions of choices /
preferences  for ide's or editors), and bzr for revision/source control,
which I think should be an integral part of any development environment.
Set up apache vhosting and whatnot, and edit host file, and away you go.

--
Hal