[wp-hackers] Your development Setup

// ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Wed Jul 18 16:12:31 UTC 2012

On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Ryan WP Mailing Lists wrote:

> Also someexample of machine specs would be nice just for comparison because
> I don't want to bother getting more computer than I need. The other thing I
> am curious about is multipule monitors. How many monitors do you use and do
> you use each one for something specific.

I am happy with my early 2011 15” MacBook Pro, 4GB memory, 2GHz Core i7. I use one external monitor (sometimes 23”, other times 27”) and use multiple workspaces (i.e., virtual windows). But all development stuff stays on workspace (that’s the web browser, MacVim, iTerm2 for terminal/shell, the WebKit Inspector, Sequel Pro for the DB if I need it, Less CSS if I need it, etc).

	—ravi