[wp-hackers] WordPress moving to PHP 5.3x?

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Fri Jul 13 16:38:51 UTC 2012

Beau Lebens wrote:
> If you try it out and it seems to work, then great, I guess we can
> remove that message :) I don't have immediate access to a 5.2 install
> though, so I can't confirm that it does or doesn't work.

I can confirm from a reading of the code that there's still late static
binding in there.

In Keyring_Service: lines 73, 104, 113, 201, 215, 221, 240 all use
get_called_class() which is a late static binding. This *could* be
replaced (using debug_backtrace()), however it's probably a pain.

There may be more as well; I haven't checked the entire codebase.
--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>