[wp-hackers] Cloning content from Master site into new sites on a WP Network

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Jul 12 13:13:47 UTC 2012

On 12 July 2012 13:44, Jesse Friedman <highfive at jesserfriedman.com> wrote:

> After all that from yesterday I simply wrote this today:
>
> $new_mysql_query = 'REPLACE INTO ntw_'.$newsiteid.'_posts SELECT * FROM
> ntw_posts WHERE post_type="custom post type";';
> $result = mysql_query($new_mysql_query);
>
> It works perfectly and is very fast.  Is this general bad practice and if
> it is could you explain why?

None of the metadata will be transferred (if there is any it could be
things like prices, weights, etc). If there are any taxonomy terms
associated with the products (keywords, colours, product categories, etc),
those won't be transferred either.

You originally mentioned users, selecting which products they wanted, now
they get everything?

Mike
--
Mike Little