[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sun Jul 8 05:31:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Shasta Willson <shastaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>>
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-move/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-migrate/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-migration/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ezmigrate/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sitepush/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/strategery-migrations/
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpressdeploy/
>>

>> There's a couple dozen more. Do none of these existing tools work?
>
> With all due respect, most of the above have less than a handful of
> reviews.  (There was one which had 17.) If I'm going to let someone
> else's code muck about in my database, I'd like to be using something
> from a very reputable source -- ideally the folks who made the
> software that database is designed to run. This is not a third party
> puzzle like integrating with Google Maps.  This is core to WordPress'
> utility as a CMS.

I think you're reading more into it than I was actually asking.

If they don't work, fine. But there sure is an awful lot of them. Have
you tried them? Which ones don't work? I mean, I have the capability
of *removing* broken code from our system, if none of this stuff
works, then I really do want to know.

But if you haven't tried, then I'd also like to know that as well. We
have a lot of code out there, if something is broke, then by all means
*tell me*.

-Otto