[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Charles Frees-Melvin charles.freesmelvin at me.com
Sat Jul 7 15:26:17 UTC 2012

Considering that themes and plugins can be easily transferred between installs, what we seem to be talking about is moving content back and forth. Also considering all the dynamic nature of the full potential of the WordPress database, moving databases probably should be avoided.

This might be fringe case but with post revisions and the XML-RPC work that was added into 3.4. Would it not be possible fairly simply via a plugin for one WordPress (dev) install to publish push content to a second WordPress (prod) and manage the absolute URL changes.

--
Charles E. Frees-Melvin
http://cefm.ca

Sent from my iPhone 4S on Bell