[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Bill Erickson bill.erickson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:51:25 UTC 2012

Yes, you can either hop into phpMyAdmin and do a find/replace, or (and this
is my preference) use a script like searchreplacedb2.php which will go
through the database and do it for you. The benefit to the latter approach
is it will work for serialized arrays as well.

If you have a URL in a text widget, that is stored in a serialized array.
Doing a simple find/replace will cause you to lose the widget content
because the length will change (unless both URLs have exactly the same
number of characters). That script unserializes all of them, does the
find/replace, then re-serializes them.

http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/

---
Bill Erickson
WordPress Consultant
http://www.billerickson.net

NOTE: To better serve my clients, partners, and most importantly my family,
I've begun checking email only three times per day.

For phone calls, please schedule here: http://tungle.me/billerickson . If
it's an emergency, please call now and leave a voicemail