[wp-hackers] Easy-Hacks for WP

john malc dimitrijenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:17:04 UTC 2012

Hi
scribu I am deeply sorry. Of course (thanks Helen) i mean contributors and
not commiters.
Basically, Student find some ticket, which is tagged as easy-hacks
(easyfix) and will do a patch. Someone from the core (not only etc.) will
make sure nothing breaks (and it works fine) and as a result it will be
make as "closed".

2012/1/30 scribu <scribu at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM, john malc <dimitrijenko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please, Think about it, how we can solve 2 Problems with one solution. 1.
> > Problem : we need (and also want) more commiters. 2. Problem : Many
> > students want to help us, but don't know how to help (and e.g. they don't
> > have big (mean professional) skills).
> >

> You seem to gloss over a step: someone needs to review and commit those
> patches.
>
> So, I don't see how encouraging more people to submit easy patches will
> lead to more commiters. (In the WordPress project, very few people have
> commit access)
>
> --
> http://scribu.net

Malcjohn