[wp-hackers] Unit Testing

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Fri Jan 27 02:11:15 UTC 2012

Stas Sușcov wrote:
> My point is that GSoC is not and should never be used for the scope of
> writing tests and only that.
>
> In fact, I doubt that its a good idea to advertise yourself on
> wp-hackers as only being able to write tests, which leaves the
> impression that you are not able to produce anything else but test
> others code.

I disagree. Tests are an extremely valuable component of all projects
and are equally as deserving of attention as any other code (if not moreso).

+1 to the idea, by the way. One area that urgently needs testing code is
the AtomPub/XMLRPC interface. I've written some code towards that from
my Code-In project last year, and I believe Westi is working on that at
the moment.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>