[wp-hackers] Unit Testing

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Thu Jan 26 23:00:17 UTC 2012

În data de Fri, 27 Jan 2012 00:37:27 +0200, Jane Wells
<jane at automattic.com> a scris:

> On 1/26/12 3:18 AM, Wojtek Szkutnik wrote:
>> rather than adding
>> new features, which wait in a long queue along with other improvements,
>> maybe it would be a good idea to do a project which would significantly
>> improve the quality of  Unit Tests. As WP grows, there will be more and
>> more patches breaking stuff instad of improving anything, and it would
>> be
>> nice to improve the current code coverage.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
> The people who said unit tests would not be a welcome project were
> wrong. As the person who oversees our GSoC participation every year, I
> know for a fact there are at least three core people who would be
> psyched to mentor a project focused on tests. We even had two project
> suggestions on our Ideas page last year at
> http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2011 that were testing-specific.

I apologize if my point was understood as discouraging, but what I was
really referring against, is "improving coverage" not about "fixing the
tools".
CI and enhancement of the test-suite was something I meant in my initial
post.

Hopefully my messages will be considered in a constructive way.
Sorry once again.