[wp-hackers] Post to Post type - how to map tags and cats to taxos?

Diana K. Cury dianakac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:02:27 UTC 2012

I have an WordPress import file with posts, I need to import and convert the posts to a custom type, converting the categories and tags to taxonomies for this custom type, how to do so?!

I tried editing the xml file, replacing the "domain:category" to "domain:type_cat", "domain:tags" to "domain:type_tags" and also replacing type "post" to type "my_type". This worked someway: the post where inserted as my custom type, but the taxonomies are gone. None where created or inserted.

Thanks for any help!