[wp-hackers] network_site_url returning wrong url bug

Robert Lusby nanogwp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:30:39 UTC 2012

On 12/01/2012 19:12, Otto wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Robert Lusby<nanogwp at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Is network_site_url() meant to return the master/parent site URL? Or the url
>> of the current website?
>>
>> The Codex says the current website. If so, you have a bug, as it returns the
>> parent/master website and not the current site.
> So fix the codex. It's a wiki, people noticing and correcting things
> is how it improves.
>
> -Otto

Indeed I understand how the Codex works - thanks - however which is it
meant to return?

WordPress sends out it's password reset email using network_site_url()
as the URL generator for the password reset form, which to me suggests
it should return the URL of the current site (and confirm what's in the
Codex) - not the URL of the parent.

Is the Codex correct and the function buggy? Or is the function correct
and WordPress always sends reset emails using the master parent/site URL
rather than the current site?

Rob