[wp-hackers] Shorthand: Appearance/switching themes?

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 02:06:52 UTC 2012

On 7 January 2012 01:45, Dion Hulse (dd32) <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

> But you're right as to the target audience, bloggers who manage their
> own site, who don't write custom themes, who switch between themes
> oftenish (or at least, like trying a new theme occasionally to see how
> it looks).

The target audience needn't even be bloggers who switch themes often. It
may be a new user who has just installed WordPress for the first time and
has downloaded ten different themes to try out.

I believe the changes also aim to cover theme features, such as menus,
widgets, custom headers, etc. Lots of stuff that users may change more
regularly than they change their actual active theme.