[wp-hackers] rewrite base/cpt-slug/page-slug collisions?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jan 5 22:10:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Barrett Golding <bg at hearingvoices.com> wrote:
> seems like wp_unique_post_slug() should be checking not only page slugs
> but also against some reserved terms ('category', 'tag', 'type')
> along with any assigned rewrite bases, and registered CPT rewrite slugs.

I would say that this is undesirable, since somebody might be relying
on this behavior. If one had a big tree of Pages that they wanted to
migrate into CPTs but keep the same URL structure, for example. It
also doesn't address somebody creating a CPT with a slug after
creating the same slugged Page.

IMO, best way is simply to say that is not supported or undefined, and
let people use it as they see fit.

-Otto