[wp-hackers] mysql ssl connection?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Feb 26 08:04:01 UTC 2012

WordPress itself doesn't support setting the connection to SSL,
however, it does offer the ability to use a different Database engine
through the usage of the wp-content/db.php dropins.

As a result, It's possible to create a new DB class which does support
the MySQL SSL constant.

I've just done so, and I tried testing, but, even with the SSL
constant set as the PHP manual says.. it connected to my non-ssl mysql
instance without fault.. So i've got no idea if it just falls back to
non-ssl, or if there was something wrong with the mysql_connect()
command.

It's based on the trunk database file, and altered slightly to account
for the missing functions.. as a result, if it fails to connect to the
server, you won't get the WordPressy message, you'll just get my lame
error message. Feel free to customise as you see fit.

here's the file you'll need to place in wp-content/db.php:
http://pastebin.com/caZpUfZm