[wp-hackers] register_sidebar()

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Feb 23 00:41:21 UTC 2012

Hi Micky,
Basicallly, Widget Area's used to be pretty much only sidebars.. and
so, the name register_sidebar() was used inline with the other
*_sidebar() functions.

use register_sidebar() to register a "Widget Area", be that a footer,
header, sidebar, 2nd sidebar, below-post-widget-area, or perhaps a
pop-over ad-widget-sidebar (that luckely i've never seen...)

so yes, It's just the name throwing you.

Cheers