[wp-hackers] advanced taxonomy queries

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Dec 21 22:28:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Haluk Karamete <halukkaramete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all.
>
> Otto, you must have recognized the original foo/bar snippet. That was
> from your page.
> It might be a good idea to add the operator option "ADD" for the rest
> of us - somewhere around where you just talk about the "NOT IN"
> operator option.

The AND operator was added after I wrote that, I think. IN is the
default, NOT IN is also valid.

Note, the AND operator is *exceedingly* slow and should generally be
avoided, if possible. The SQL query that generates is not optimized at
present. It's there if you need it, but make sure it's not something
you do often, or try to cache the results for a time, or something
along those lines.

-Otto