[wp-hackers] Adding edit, umapprove and mark as spam in comments area

Daniel Fenn danielx386 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:50:50 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

Thankyou for the answers. I've taken a look at the link provided by Patty
and that is really close to what I am after. What I ended up doing is
taking the code from that blog and extending it so that it almost like ajax
but it not.

For those who are wondering what I ended up with (and I'm still working on
it) this is what I got:

function comment_mod_link($id) {
  if (current_user_can('edit_posts')) {
    $del_nonce = esc_html('_wpnonce=' .
wp_create_nonce("delete-comment_$id"));
    $approve_nonce = esc_html('_wpnonce=' .
wp_create_nonce("approve-comment_$id"));
    $_wp_original_http_referer = '_wp_original_http_referer=' .
apply_filters('the_permalink', get_permalink());
    echo '<li class="edit-icon"><a
href="'.admin_url("comment.php?action=editcomment&amp;c=$id&amp;$_wp_original_http_referer").'"></a></li>
';
    echo '<li class="wp-delete-icon"><a
href="'.admin_url("comment.php?action=trashcomment&amp;c=$id&amp;$del_nonce&amp;$_wp_original_http_referer").'"></a></li>
';
    echo '<li class="wp-info-icon"><a
href="'.admin_url("comment.php?action=spamcomment&amp;c=$id&amp;$del_nonce&amp;$_wp_original_http_referer").'"></a></li>';
  }
}

Now all I do is need to figure out how to show comments that are waiting to
be approved, marked as spam and deleted to current_user_can('edit_posts')
so that all of that can be managed without going to wp-admin.

Chris,

While that would have done the job, I wanted to try something different and
do some coding myself. And by doing that one can learn more about what
going on inside wordpress.

Regards,
Daniel Fenn