[wp-hackers] Unicode url rewriting using add_rewrite_rule()

Deepak Mittal dpac.mittal2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:19:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> And it's not necessary anyway, because the first preg_match is getting
> the URL undecoded, and so you can match against the actual URL, with
> percents and all, there.

The problem with this is, I want to catch all letters (\p{L}) and all
numbers (\p{N}) from all languages. There's no way of doing that without
using *UTF8 verb, or a 'u' modifier. So changing the question, does it look
like something which can be included in future versions of wordpress since
Unicode URLs are getting more popular?

--
Regards,
Deepak Mittal,