[wp-hackers] Taxonomies and Attachments in WP3.5

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:56:56 UTC 2012

It's not using Thickbox :) I think this is important to recognize because
Thickbox meant loading an iframe, which the new media modal is not. It's
also an outdated, unmaintained script.

I guess having taxonomy terms appear in the new modal with a default UI is
new. I thought it did the same thing previously if you had a taxonomy for
attachments, but looks like not. In any case, you are welcome to come up
with other ideas that work as a default if you like, although obviously
this will not change for 3.5. If you or your users find the input in the
modal to be confusing, you can turn it off quite easily and even replace it
with your own UI if you'd like.