[wp-hackers] Taxonomies and Attachments in WP3.5

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:37:45 UTC 2012

That's how it's supposed to work - just an input with a comma separated
list of term slugs. It's not really end-user-friendly, but I think given
that the focus on the new modal (which isn't Thickbox, by the way - we're
slowly trying to rid ourselves of that outdated, unkempt thing) was really
on the insert and gallery workflows this time around, it's fine. I actually
think that's how it was before if you enabled a taxonomy as well, so
nothing new. It's just more tempting to add them now that the edit view
actually does something with the UI automagically. There's also now a flag
for whether or not to show a compat field (via attachment_fields_to_edit)
in the modal, so you can hide it there if you think it not useful. Example
code: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22759#comment:1

I'd love to think about how we could examine the management workflow next,
after 3.5, but right at this moment I think there's a handful of us that
should probably be sleeping instead. It was a little bit of a late one :)