[wp-hackers] Portable tokenising from the shell

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Mon Dec 3 17:43:22 UTC 2012

 > Does the UCB version of grep support all the right flags?

Is there such a thing? I googled for a bit, but could not manage to even
confirm that Solaris has a grep in /usr/ucb, much less find a man page
for it. I should download a Solaris VM and find out... but my net
connection isn't up to that where I am stationed presently...

> This guy seems to have a json parser written in awk. Dunno if that
> will help any.
>
> https://github.com/dubiousjim/awkenough/blob/master/library.awk#L581
Looks interesting. I know very little awk, but looking through that and
seeing what it does, it looks like the "split" function may duplicate
the function of that use of grep. I'll try it out...

Thanks,
David

--
WordShell - WordPress fast from the CLI - www.wordshell.net