[wp-hackers] the home.php problem: does it asks for a posts.php?

Bill Erickson bill.erickson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 22:19:57 UTC 2012

I agree with Chip. If you don't want your client changing site options like
what page shows up on the front page, don't make them an admin of the site.

But I also agree with a few commenters that it can be confusing to see a
blank page in the admin. A useful addition might be to add a little notice
to the top of the Edit Page screen if the current page is set as the Posts
page.

The Page Links To plugin by Mark Jaquith does something similar when you
redirect a page to another URL: http://twitpic.com/aopuwe

I'm sure there's a plugin that already does this (and if not, it should
only take a few minutes to create).

---
Bill Erickson
WordPress Consultant
http://www.billerickson.net

NOTE: To better serve my clients, partners, and most importantly my family,
I've begun checking email only three times per day.

For phone calls, please schedule here: http://tungle.me/billerickson . If
it's an emergency, please call now and leave a voicemail