[wp-hackers] Customize.php and Site Options possible bug

Jesse Friedman highfive at jesserfriedman.com
Tue Aug 28 16:18:25 UTC 2012

I'm aware this might not be the best place for this but it does involve
"hacking".

I modified the Customize.php settings so the user can update site options
(address, city, phone number, etc...) these are NOT theme options but exist
via a plugin and are created using register_setting().

I also create a custom role for that user and gave them the ability to
"edit_theme_options".

With that ability they are now able to go to customize.php and update site
options.

While this actually works perfect for me this does seem like a bug.

thoughts?

Jesse