[wp-hackers] "enter_title_here" filter and Appearance > Menus

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Tue Aug 28 04:19:49 UTC 2012

Pulled from the code I use on my site:

add_filter( 'enter_title_here', 'th_enter_title_here', 10, 2 );

function th_enter_title_here( $title, $post ) {

     if ( in_array( $post->post_type, array( 'theme', 'plugin', 'book' )
) ) {

         $post_type = get_post_type_object( $post->post_type );
         $title = sprintf( 'Enter %s name here', strtolower(
$post_type->labels->singular_name ) );
     }

     return $title;
}