[wp-hackers] Running several WordPress sites on the same server

Ryan Hellyer ryan at pixopoint.com
Thu Aug 23 19:48:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Ryan WP Mailing Lists
<ryan.wpmailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> The RAM benefit isn't something I had thought of. My assumption was its
> still 100 copies of WP running even it it was just from one source and so
> RAM footprint would be the same.

The RAM benefits Simon mentioned apply only to when you are using an
opcode cache. Opcodes store the compiled PHP in RAM. If you aren't
running opcode caching, then this will not provide any benefit.
There's usually no reason not be running opcode caching though.